LOVE BIRD...LOVE IT!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
This is what I do:
1. Use black acrylic paint on a transparency to create your design. Make your lines as crisp and opaque as you can.
2. WEARING GLOVES Coat a silk screen with photo emulsion using a scoop. Most screen printing kits come with a jar of emulsion and a small bottle to activate it. It is really important that the small bottle is well mixed and your emulsion is fresh. Store it in a cool pace for no more than 6 months.
3. Put the transparency on top of your screen. (Take care to work in a room with low light until you are ready to burn the image into the screen.) Expose the image to sunlight or a bright-light for about 15 minutes. Emulsion will turn darker (green/blueish)
4. Rinse out the screen with a hose or in the bathtub. Let dry.
5. Use water soluble screen printing ink and a squeegee to apply the ink to fabric of paper.
To make multiples attach screen to hinges and use tape to make the printable areas.
6. Make sure to heat set ink to fabric when dried.
Posted by Anonymous at 10:45 PM